The Friends of Roman Aldborough organise visits to other Roman sites and museums throughout the North of England.
PRELIMINARY INFORMATION ABOUT 2020 VISITS
The 2020 visits are spread throughout the coming season, so individual visit forms will be sent about 2 months before the visit. There will be a closing date for each visit on the form. We hope this will make it easier for you to plan ahead. Each visit has been carefully costed out to take into account mileages, entry fees and/or other costs where appropriate.
So, here are a few preliminary details which we hope will whet the appetite:
1) Tour of Yorkshire Museum Roman Section led by Andrew Woods, Curator Own transport April (date to be confirmed)
2) Visit to Fountainson Abbey – morning tour led by Mark Newman, National Trust Archaeologist, Minibus available Tuesday 12th May
3) Aldborough Book Launch and tour of Aldbrough led by Rose Ferraby and Martin Millett Sunday 5th July
4) Visit to Vindolanda. tour led by Andrew Birley, Director of Excavations, Vindolanda Trust. Minibus available Tuesday 14th July
5) Visit to Hull and East Riding Museum. Minibus available Thursday 1st October
We’re sure you’ll agree that all these visits present an exciting prospect and cater for a wide range of interests.
Further details and timetables will be issued with the form.