The Friends of Roman Aldborough (FORA) wishes to protect the privacy of our members and supporters and to treat the information you give us with care.
This policy explains how we collect, store and use personal information you give to us. We wish to be clear about why we need to collect your personal information and what we are going to use it for:
- You can tell us how you would like us to keep in touch
- We will only collect the information we need to make sure we can run FORA’s activities effectively
- We will never sell or share your personal information, or let other organisations use it for marketing
- We will look after your personal information, and make sure it is up to date, safe and secure
We will use the information you give us:
- To make sure you receive the service, product or information you have asked for or purchased
- To administer membership, donations, bookings, volunteering and other services
- To keep in touch with you in the way that you want us to
- We may need to make changes to this policy from time to time and it was last updated in November 2017
What information will we collect?
We may collect personal information about:
- Name and address
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Next of kin (for trips etc.)
- Membership status (individual or dual)
- Membership number
- Payment information
- How you would like to hear from us
- Diary details
- Events and trips in which you wish to or have been involved
- Details of membership, gift aid declarations, purchases, donations and any will gifts
- Details of volunteering activity
- Enquiries and feedback
We will make sure that you receive the membership services or goods you have requested, process any payments and send you relevant information about what is happening, events, trips etc.
If you have joined as a Member, we may send you confirmation of this and membership materials such as membership cards, information, details of events, trips etc, and email newsletters. We will also send you information about membership renewal.
If you have made a donation then we may thank you for your support and let you know how your contribution has helped us.
We will do our best to keep your information up to date. Please let us know when your details have changed.
Communications and promotion
Receiving information from FORA will always be your choice, and you can decide how you would like to receive it.
You can also change your mind at any time, and we will keep your preferences up to date.
We will only contact you by email or, occasionally, by post if you have told us you would like to hear from us in these ways; however, you can stop either at any time by contacting our secretary
Who will have access to your material?
We will never sell your personal information, or let other organisations use it for their own purposes.
We will only share your personal information where:
We are legally required to, or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
We have engaged a supplier or contractor to carry out services on our behalf, such as order fulfilment, sending our communications or carrying out research and analysis.
How do we keep your information safe?
If you need a password to allow access to certain parts of our website, you must keep it safe and not share it with anyone; otherwise your personal information could be at risk.
Data that is transmitted via the internet or in email, cannot be 100% secure.
We will take every reasonable precaution to keep your information safe but it cannot be guaranteed and so please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your risk. Once we have received your information we will use our best effort to ensure its safety.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out services and administer your relationship with us. Typically, this will be two years after your last interaction with us, unless we are required to hold it longer for legal or taxation reasons.
If we dispose of your information this will always be done securely.
How to get in touch with us
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. This is called a ‘subject access request’. If you would like to make a subject access request please contact the secretary, see below.
You also have the right to have incorrect information corrected and the right to object to further processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
If you need help or have any questions about this policy and your rights in regarding the processing of your personal information please contact:
The Friends of Roman Aldborough
Telephone: 01423 325 808